About Us - Breedplan
NSBA and ABRIThe NSBA joined ABRI in 2003:
- It gives the NSBA an in-house, fast, world-class breed registry and performance system.
- Data processing speeds with the ILR are much faster than other systems that they have been bench marked against - around twice as fast in most cases.
- The NSBA has access to world class Internet database inquiry and cataloguing services to promote Namibian genetics.
- BREEDPLAN is trademarked worldwide and recognised as the world`s most advanced genetic evaluation system.
- The ABRI is financially secure; having made a profit in all of the 32 years it has been in business. It does this without any Government support.
- By around mid 2004 the prediction was that the Internet Solutions component of Breedplan in South Africa would attract in excess of 1 million inquiries per month. This prediction has been exceeded by far and is a very good reason for beef cattle breeders to use this service as indeed is the case for clients in Southern Africa.
- ABRI introduced its software to the North American market in 1990. In just ten years it has become the most widely used breed registry software in that region.
- Namibia is in good company in joining Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Philippines and Hungary, which have all accepted BREEDPLAN nationally, whereas it seems to become popular in South America (Argentine and Brazil) and of course in South Africa and in the UK.
- BREEDPLAN continues to enjoy spectacular growth. In total 42 beef breeds use BREEDPLAN.